Ethics Intern Opportunity at the Register of Professional Archaeologists!
The Register of Professional Archaeologists (Register) is looking for an archaeology graduate student to work this summer as our annual Ethics Intern.
We are seeking someone who has an interest in archaeological ethics; is self-directed; is available to work approximately 10 hours a week; has access to the internet and institutional databases; and can work out of their home, university, or office. Familiarity with WordPress is preferred, but not required.
Tasks will include:
- Updating and maintaining an online database of resources on archaeological ethics, which will be available this spring
- Finding and incorporating additional resources into the database, including publications, blog posts, websites, courses on archaeological ethics taught at universities, and ethical case studies.
- Working directly with the Register’s Ethics Committee on other tasks related to archaeological ethics.
The position will run from June through August. The Ethics Intern will receive a stipend of US $1,000.
If you know of someone who you would recommend to fill this position for the Register, please forward this notice to them.
Students who would like to apply as an Ethics Intern should send the following to the RPA Ethics Committee at email@example.com:
- A curriculum vitae
- The name and institution of your major professor or faculty advisor (include their contact information – email and telephone number)
- A one-page statement on why you should be selected
Please group application materials into a single PDF file.
The deadline for applications is Monday, April 23, 2018. Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.