The Register of Professional Archaeologists is excited to announce that the participation category for Students and Early Career Archaeologists is now live and accepting applications! This initiative is part of our continued efforts to implement the Strategic Plan, the goals of which include promoting shared values and archaeological training and practice, facilitating professional development, and advocating for archaeologists.
The eligibility requirements for this new category are listed below:
- Currently enrolled or graduated with a minimum of a B.A., B.S., A.A., A.S, or equivalent in the past 2 years with a Major in Archaeology, Anthropology, Classics, or another germane discipline with a specialization in archaeology from an accredited institution
- No Experience is required
- An unofficial copy of Academic transcripts will be required to verify enrollment dates and declared major.
- Recommended by an active RPA in good standing with the Register
- Like all Register applicants, Accept Register’s Code and Standards and Grievance Procedures
- Student/Early Career Registrants will not be able to vote on Register decisions but will be represented through an advisory committee liaison to the board.
- Annual Fee will be $25 for the length of academic enrollment and up to 2 years after graduation with a Bachelor level degree.
One key benefit of this category is that it extends the Register’s support to students to provide low or no-cost training as part of our evolving Professional Development Program. Other benefits include access to JSTOR, Registrant focused job listings, and the Archeological Ethics Database, as well as the increased opportunity for broader networking, support, mentoring, and career path assistance.
Our goal is to provide a place at the Register not only for students, but for those who may have taken a respite from their studies, who may have begun a graduate program, or those that want to return to their studies. We aspire to embrace and encourage all students and early career archaeologists to progress into a profession that wants to help them along the way.
Learn more at the Register FAQ and Apply today!