The Register is uniquely positioned to provide resources and excellence to affiliate organizations that represent local or state interests which could extend the Register’s networking, education, and outreach opportunities for their members as well.
Currently, there are 18 affiliate organizations across the US and Canada, but we would love to see more. That's where you come in. We need your help to reach out to your local and state archaeological societies and encourage them to become RPA affiliates.
By becoming an affiliate, these local and state societies can enjoy many advantages, such as:
- Increased visibility and recognition as a professional group
- Access to RPA's online database of certified archaeologists
- Eligibility for grants and awards from the RPA
- Participation in RPA's networking meeting and workshops
- Collaboration and communication with other affiliates and the RPA board
To become an affiliate, a society needs to meet the following criteria:
- Have at least 10 RPA members in good standing
- Have a mission statement that aligns with the RPA's goals and values
- Agree to abide by the RPA's code of conduct and standards of research performance
- Pay an annual fee
If you know of a society that meets these criteria and might be interested in becoming an affiliate, please contact them and share this information with them. You can also direct them to our website (www.rpanet.org) where they can find more details and an application form.
We appreciate your support and involvement in the RPA. Together, we can make a difference for archaeology and its practitioners.