Michael Baker International is seeking a Senior Archaeologist to join our team. Under the supervision of the Archaeology Department Manager, the successful candidate will serve as an Archaeological Principal Investigator, task manager, and/or project manager for archaeological projects. They may also serve as Principal Lead for specialized analyses.
- Oversees all aspects of archaeological projects from project inception to close-out, including, but not limited to: project budgets, scope development, invoicing, workplan development, fieldwork, artifact analyses, site interpretation, and NRHP recommendations
- May assist in proposal and business development
- Client management
- Compiles and prepares organized, thorough CRM technical documents
- Prepares project contextual statements
- Interprets field findings, site development processes, and stratigraphy
- Provides regular project updates to the Department Manager and/or Michael Baker Project Manager, as well as Client
- Assigns appropriate project personnel
- Supervises or performs specialized analyses, if applicable
- May require supervision of other cultural resources staff on specific project or task assignments
- Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology (Archaeology) or closely-related discipline (e.g., museum studies, history, geomorphology); Graduate degree (M.A./M.S. and/or PhD) is preferred; must meet Secretary of Interior standards (36 CFR Part 61) for applicable discipline
- Listing in Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA) or ability to attain within 6 months
- 7-9 years of related experience in a field and/or project supervisory role
- Demonstrated ability to perform and manage field and non-field tasks, production of deliverables, and client management
- Ability to work as a Project Lead and take direction to the satisfaction of the Department Manager, the Project Manager, and/or the Client
- Understands project budgets, administration, contracts, and project management responsibilities
- Must have a firm understanding of Section 106, NEPA, and/or applicable permitting guidelines
- Skills such as geomorphology and/or geoarchaeology, or other specialized analytical skills such as historic or prehistoric artifact expertise are preferred
- Working knowledge of software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop, ARC GIS, and Pathfinder
- Must have strong communication skills with both internal and external Clients
- Excellent technical writing, technical editing, verbal communication, and public speaking skills
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have a valid driver's license
Michael Baker International, a leading provider of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management, has been solving some of the world’s most complex infrastructure challenges for more than 80 years with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity.
Based in Pittsburgh and with nearly 100 offices nationwide, we partner with clients on everything from roads, bridges, tunnels, mass transit, and airports, to water treatment plants, arctic oil pipelines, environmental restoration and specialized overseas construction. We serve as a trusted adviser to the communities we serve, making them safer, more accessible, more sustainable and more prosperous.
We provide visionary leadership in facilitating transformational change for our clients. Our work delivers differentiating innovations and dedicated experts who challenge the status quo and share a world of diverse experience and an impassioned entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver quality of life.
We Make a Difference.
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Find Out More