HELIX is seeking as-needed Senior Archaeologists to supplement the high-quality consultant team in our La Mesa, California, headquarters office. HELIX provides CEQA/NEPA, biological, cultural resource management, habitat restoration, regulatory permitting, environmental compliance monitoring, acoustics and noise control, air quality and greenhouse gas, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors. Our Cultural Resources Group prepares all types of cultural resources studies for a wide range of projects.
Duties for Sr. Archaeologist:
The successful applicant(s) will be responsible for assisting senior cultural resources staff on a project-by-project basis. Duties may include conducting archival research and record searches; preparing DPR forms; report preparation; and coordinating with other cultural resources and environmental planning staff and subconsultants. Experience with a variety of infrastructure and development project types, document types, and private sector/public agency clients is desirable. The applicant must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and experience working in a team-oriented environment.
Qualifications for Sr. Archaeologist:
- Bachelor’s Degree in archaeology, anthropology, history, or closely related field with a concentration in archaeology
- At least 10 years of experience in archaeology that includes authoring or co-authoring archaeological studies/reports
- Knowledge of the federal and California laws and regulations pertaining to historic and archaeological resource management and an understanding of regulatory agency programs, procedures, and policies related to cultural resource management, including CEQA, NEPA and NHPA
- Knowledge of local agency guidelines for CEQA compliance, including guidelines pertaining to the completion of cultural resource studies
- Experience with San Diego County prehistoric and historic archaeology
- Experience with Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III compliance archaeological projects, including survey, analysis, and documentation
- Strong research, writing, organizational, and verbal communication skills
Additional qualifications considered a plus for Sr. Archaeologist:
- Master’s Degree in archaeology, anthropology, history, or closely related field with a concentration in archaeology
- Registered Professional Archaeologist
- County of San Diego and County of Riverside approved archaeologist
Dependent on experience.
This position is an as-needed position and is utilized to supplement our full-time workforce. You will not be guaranteed a minimum number of hours.
Find Out More!