Santa Barbara, CA
Lake Tahoe, NV
Join Cardno’s California Science and Environment team to play an integral role in providing technical leadership in our Cultural Resources Team. We are seeking innovative and motivated technical leads for both of our Northern California and Southern California business units to support our growing cultural resources program that currently supports statewide utility compliance programs, hydroelectric relicensing studies, affordable housing projects, wilderness restoration projects and much more. We strive to give each cultural team member a variety of work experiences and opportunities to help them grow in their career. Cardno also offers a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible work schedule including work-from-home options to maintain a healthy work- life balance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Technical lead for Cardno’s Cultural Resources Program, this position will directly support and be the point of contact for Cardno project managers, clients and agencies as well as supervising cultural staff. Specifically the ideal candidate would have demonstrated experience in the following roles and responsibilities:
- Senior position as cultural resources expert, including staffing, fieldwork, research, report writing, and Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA/QC) review
- Serves as a Principal Investigator on projects throughout California
- Manages state and federal agency permits for the California and Nevada cultural resources program
- Fosters and develops client and agency relationships
- Supervises, mentors, and provides guidance to archaeological staff
- Key cultural team member who interacts with project managers, directors, and principals and works as part of an interdisciplinary environmental team
- Develops budgets for program of work, cost estimates for specific projects
- Writes proposals and leads Business Development efforts for cultural resources in Northern and Southern California
Minimum requirements include:
- Master’s or doctorate degree in anthropology or archaeology
- 10 plus years of experience in cultural resources management
- 5 or more years of experience as Project Archaeologist (supervisory) on a variety of projects with increasing levels of responsibility
- Registered Professional Archaeologist
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in archaeology
- Qualified for listing on the California statewide Bureau of Land Management permit as a principal investigator
- Strong knowledge and experience with NHPA, NEPA and CEQA cultural requirements
- Demonstrated experience serving as a consultant in an advisory capacity to clients
- Demonstrated experience working with US Forest Service, BLM, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and US Army Corps of Engineers is highly desirable
- Experience working with major electric utility clients in California (PG&E, SCE, SDG&E, etc.)
- Direct experience working with budgets and timelines
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment but also to work independently
- Proven ability to senior author cultural resource management reports
- Knowledge of the prehistory, history, archaeology, and ethnography of California and the Great Basin
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Very comfortable using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Adobe Acrobat. Working knowledge of GIS
- Excellent problem-solving skills, particularly in complex CRM projects
- Proven track-record of participating in business development efforts
- Project management experience, including a proven ability to be on time and on budget
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and through Microsoft Teams
- Strong work ethic
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position will require proof of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment and reasonable accommodation will be considered.
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
Find Out More!