Woods Canyon Archaeological, Consultants, Inc. based in Cortez, Colorado has immediate openings for 3-5 full-time Permanent Full-Time Archaeological Crew and Crew Chiefs to support multiple archaeological projects in Colorado and Utah. Ancestral Puebloan and/or Fremont archaeological experience preferred.
Woods Canyon is dedicated to hiring competent, career-minded professionals with a strong work ethic. Woods Canyon is a growing company looking to promote from within. Successful applicants can anticipate room for professional growth and increases in pay as time is accrued with the company. Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a closely related field.
- Completion of an accredited archaeological field school and/or six months of field experience.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel to and from project areas in the Four Corners region
The position does not require relocation to Cortez, but local residency preferred to facilitate logistics. The position requires that candidates be able to:
- Be physically able to conduct archaeological survey
- Adhere to project health and safety plan and participate in office and field training.
- Use electronic and traditional navigational equipment (GPS, ArcCollector) to perform fieldwork.
- Photo-document and record an accurate photo log.
- Record accurate notes on digital platforms
- Complete project tasks and errands as directed by the Archaeologist, Senior Archaeologist, and/or other project leadership.
- Maintain and organize field equipment, supplies, vehicles, and work site.
- Travel away from home and camp for up to 8 days at a time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the United States. Pay will adhere to SCA wage rates ($17-24/hr) with a $4.54/hour Health and Welfare fringe. Wages will be commensurate with education and experience. Per diem and lodging provided for projects more than 50 miles from the office. Two weeks PTO to accrue starting when hired, and employee pension plan contributions commence after 12 months of employment or sooner for the more qualified applicants.
In Word or PDF format, please send your resume/CV, including a minimum of two professional references, and your availability. Woods Canyon will treat all employment inquires with discretion. Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ Archaeological Job Openings ”.