Cultural Resources Team Lead
Click HERE to apply
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is looking for a Cultural Resources Team Lead to join our Arlington, TX operations. The selected individual will lead and grow a developing team and support strategic direction of the program, financial performance, business and client development, leadership, staff management, maintain high-quality scientific and technical quality, and alignment with SWCA goals and objectives.
This is a permanent, full-time position. The successful applicant will serve as a Principal Investigator to ensure technical rigor and Section 106 Compliance. This position will be instrumental in leading and growing a robust cultural resources program that includes supporting existing clients and projects, capturing new work and clients, mentoring junior staff, encouraging teamwork and cooperation, working with other offices, and driving overall scientific and business excellence.
This is a Regular, Full Time, Salaried position reporting to our Arlington, TX office.
What you will accomplish
- Partner with the regional directors to set the strategy for the program and contribute to the regional strategy. The Principal Investigator, Project Manager will report to the Arlington Director.
- As an SWCA leader you will be expected to bring and implement a vision to increase the business operations and revenue plans for the office.
- Successful business development in the local market with the expectation of bringing in new business opportunities within the first 6 months of employment
- Your responsibilities include managing all project deliverables to clients.
- Demonstrate proficiency in project management and effective delegation and oversight of all program goals.
- Meet or exceed financial metrics as set during business planning.
- Have a proven client network which is supported by a proven reputation for providing highest quality service to clients.
- Contribute to fostering a collaborative team environment that contributes to successful projects and successful team members in the local offices and with other SWCA offices as part of OneSWCA.
- Experience managing a diverse team of professionals – mentor, develop, and retain key team players.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across state and regional physical boundaries with internal staff and clients.
- An excellent working understanding of the types of services that SWCA provides and the ability to successfully market SWCA’s services to existing and prospective clients.
- Commitment to process improvement protocols and quality assurance and quality control.
- Dedication to scientific integrity and quality work products for all clientele.
- Ability to oversee proposal and marketing coordination and management of key proposal and marketing efforts.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to meet clients’ needs effectively, creatively, and ethically.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Values of SWCA.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or demonstrated equivalent.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in business development, managing projects, fieldwork, consulting, including developing and implementing budgets, schedules, and scopes of work from pre-field tasks to final report preparation.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, mentoring, and providing leadership for other cultural resources professionals.
- Strong business development skills as a “seller/doer” to develop productive business relationships with agency, client, and industry contacts.
- Prior experience overseeing or managing large projects as project manager.
- Prior environmental consulting/professional services experience.
- Relocation benefits are available for this position.
- Ability to travel an estimated 20% to the field.
- Reg/FT/Salary $70K - $100K
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
Employees in this position are eligible for consideration for SWCA’s annual bonus program, which provides awards based on individual and organizational performance. To review additional benefits associated with this position, click here: https://www.swca.com/careers/benefits
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply
Talent Acquisition Specialist
SWCA Environmental Consultants
20 E. Thomas Rd., Suite 1700
Phoenix, AZ 85012