Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. (CRA) is seeking qualified candidates to join our Louisiana office, and we are currently accepting applications for Staff Archaeologist positions. Our Louisiana office is located in Shreveport, in the heart of the Ark-La-Tex region, and was established in 2010 to support clients in Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Mississippi. Staff Archaeologist positions are full-time, salaried positions that are eligible for a remote work option.
Join us, as we approach celebrating our 40th year in business! For nearly four decades, CRA has been recognized as one of the most respected, full-service cultural resource consulting firms in the United States. This success is directly attributed to CRA's retention of an experienced, highly-skilled, multi-disciplinary team of cultural resource management professionals. With an understanding that it is the expertise and dedication of our team that forms the foundation of our reputation for high-quality work, CRA invests in its people and their professional development, and fosters a collaborative environment that emphasizes teamwork. The archaeologists, architectural historians, and historic preservation professionals that CRA employs, many of whom are leaders in their fields, are the core of our success. For more in-depth information about CRA and the exciting projects and opportunities we have, please visit our website at www.crai-ky.com. Join our team, and grow with us!
· Employment Type: Salaried, Full-Time
· Compensation: $41,600 to $60,320 depending on experience
o Medical, Vision, Dental, Life (70% of employee medical coverage paid by employer and 50% of vision and dental coverage paid for all levels of coverage paid by employer. Coverage levels include Employee Only, Employee + Child, Employee + Spouse, and Family)
o Flexible Spending Plan offered
o 401(k) (up to 4% employer matched)
o Life insurance (100% paid by employer)
o Supplemental insurance policies offered (short-term disability, cancer, hospitalization)
o Paid holidays (8 days per year), sick leave (5 days per year), and vacation time (accrual of 5 days per year, to a maximum of 15 days)
o Professional development stipend ($500 per year)
o Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) annual renewal payment for Affiliated status
Job Description and Responsibilities:
· The Staff Archaeologist position is under the direction of a Principal Investigator, and will involve participation in the planning and performance of archaeological field projects;
· Responsibilities will include conducting pre-field research, mobilizing field projects, providing supervision to field technicians, overseeing archaeological field projects, authoring or co-authoring written reports of findings, and completing site forms;
· Project types may include archaeological monitoring, survey, evaluation, and data recovery projects, including projects that will require stays away from home.
· A graduate degree in Anthropology;
· Qualification under the Secretary of the Interior Standards (48 FR 44716) in archaeology;
· RPA, or eligible for RPA;
· A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in archaeology;
· Ability to work in a variety of field conditions, and to navigate efficiently in remote areas;
· Have additional qualifications? Let us know where you excel!
Remote Work Option:
· Desktop research, report writing, remote meetings and other tasks may be conducted remotely at the Staff Archaeologist's place of residence.
· The Staff Archaeologist will travel and be on-site for all assigned fieldwork.
· Travel may be required to the Shreveport, Louisiana office or other locations for meetings, archival research, training, and other project tasks that may necessitate face-to-face meetings.
Please indicate when you will be available, and submit a resume with three references to the following link:
CRA job application portal
If you have questions, please contact Bridgette Robinson at email@example.com, or mail to Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc., 151 Walton Avenue, Lexington, KY 40508 ATTN: B. Robinson.
Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. employees are required to undergo a background check that includes driving history. CRA reserves the right to perform drug/alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment. Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.