View the Archives to see older "What's New at the Register?" articles.
RPA Election Results
The election results are as follows:
President-Elect – Terry Klein
Registrar – Joan Deming
Standards Board Member – Linda Stine
Standards Board Alternate – Kim Redman
Nominating Committee Chair – Sarah Herr
Nominating Committee Member – Colin Busby
The Board of Directors wishes to thank all of the candidates who agreed to run and to congratulate those who will be serving the Register in these important roles over the coming term. The Standards Board and Nominating Committee take office on January 1. The President-elect and Registrar will join the Board at our annual meeting on January 8 in Quebec, where we will be meeting jointly with the Society for Historical Archaeology, one of the four organizational sponsors of the Register of Professional Archaeologists. If you plan on being in Quebec for the SHA meeting, please come by the Register's booth and say hello.
Any RPAs who would be interested in running for elected positions or in serving on one of the Register's committees (Recruitment, Field School Certification, Continuing Professional Education Certification, or Nominating Committee), please contact me or Patrick Garrow, the incoming President.
Lynne Sebastian, Ph.D., RPA
Have You Updated Your Profile Lately?
As we move into a new year, the Register of Professional Archaeologists would like to ask you to take just a minute to check that your profile in our records is up to date. There are two reasons why we are asking you to do this:
1. The RPA online directory is one of our benefits of registration – colleagues, potential clients, students, and others can use this directory to contact you; it’s important that your directory entry be correct.
2. Your RPA profile includes information about your membership in our sponsor organizations (AAA-AD, AIA, SAA, and SHA). It is that information from our database that allows the sponsor organizations to identify you as an RPA on your meeting badge at SAA or SHA meetings, for example. We’ve been having a lot of complaints about incorrect meeting badges in the past few years, and we want to make every effort to ensure that our database is correct.
So please take a moment, go to the website and follow the simple instructions below. Be SURE to use the “check all that apply” function so that your profile reflects ALL the sponsor organizations of which you are a member.
To update your profile:
1. Go to http://www.rpanet.org/
2. Click on “Applications & Renewals”
3. Select “RPA Renewal”
4. Log in (if you haven’t renewed yet, this would be a great opportunity! Otherwise . . . )
5. Click on view/edit profile
6. Make sure everything is correct, ESPECIALLY the “Affiliation” information, please; be sure to check all that apply
7. Click “Save” at the bottom of the page and
8. Log out